Friday, June 26, 2009

Obligatory Michael Jackson Post

The King of Pop died yesterday. It's one of those major, unexpected deaths that you remember where you were when you found out. Like many people, I wasn't a huge Jackson fan but could appreciate his obviously immense talent even as he descended into freakish and possibly illegal behavior. Unfortunately, that talent seemed to fade about as fast as his skin color over the years. For the past day I've been hearing MJ songs played on the radio that I haven't heard in years ("State of Shock" anybody? I think I'm the only one who likes this song) and watching him do the still-amazing Moonwalk on YouTube. So sad.

I don't have any directly King of Pop-related radio stickers so these will have to do....

Sacramento, California's KPOP FM had a variety of formats over the years including Middle-of-the-Road, Soul, Modern Rock and Top-40. Not sure when this sticker is from but I have a feeling it's from their MOR days.

KPOP AM was an Adult Standards station from San Diego, California. AM 1360 now has a Sports Talk format with the awesome call letters KLSD.

No comments: