Sunday, May 13, 2012

Radio Sticker of the Day Mailbag - WTUE

One day while working the counter at the post office, I helped a customer mail a package that I noticed was being sent from Clear Channel Radio.  The sender was a CC employee and as we got to talking I mentioned my radio sticker collection.  He said to give him my address and he'd round up some stickers for me.  Thanks George!!!

104.7 WTUE has been a Rock station in Dayton, Ohio for 36 years.  After switching from Top-40 in 1976 they were known as "T-105" and carried an Album Oriented Rock format.




A late-1970s(?) advertising brochure.  How rare must it have been for a solo female to DJ morning drive at a rock station?  Now that I think about it....are there any that do it now?  In any format?

A WTUE postcard from around 1988.

CD booklet from WTUE's fourth and last Homegrown Album from 1990.

Another 'TUE sticker can be seen here.

2 comments:

  1. As a matter of fact, there is a solo female-hosted morning show, in Los Angeles ... Pat Prescott, at KTWV (94.7 The Wave).

    ReplyDelete
  2. TM Jingle Singers: "WTUE In Dayton" !

    ReplyDelete