Sunday, January 11, 2009

WRIF


One of the first stickers I ever got was a black & white WRIF decal. I went to the library and found a book that listed radio station formats and mailing addresses. Unfortunately it was 1986 and the book was from 1976 so many of the self-addressed stamped envelopes I mailed out came back Return to Sender because the stations moved or no longer existed for whatever reason. WRIF sent about a dozen of their classic racetrack-shaped stickers which I promptly used to decorate the inside of my high school locker and book covers. After one of the covers got worn out I chucked it in the trash. I guess somebody else liked it because a few days later I saw it covering someone else’s book. I wanted to ask the kid if he enjoyed picking through trash cans for his book covers but never did.
The album rock station’s overall logo hasn’t changed in more than 25 years although somewhere along the way they went crazy and switched from “WRIF 101” to “101 WRIF.” The Riff is licensed to Detroit, Michigan.

1 comment:

Vaughn B. said...

The WRIF Rock The D BABY!