Saturday, May 2, 2009

Actual sticker sighting #1 - WJQK

You rarely see radio stickers on car bumpers or windows anymore. There are three main reasons I can think of for this:1. People don't stick anything on their cars as much as they used to. (This could easily be untrue. I have seen an awful lot of Calvins peeing on Chevy logos and people telling me to "Fear This" and Dale Earnhardt logos with angel wings. Maybe I just live near a lot of rednecks.)
2. Nobody is so passionate about a radio station anymore that they're willing to essentially place an ad for them on their cars.
3. Stations don't have stickers to give away. I talked briefly to an employee of WSHZ Star 108 in Holland, Michigan today. He said that their station no longer had stickers because people tend to stick 'em where they're not supposed to (stop signs, postal boxes, public property etc.) He was doing a remote at the Tulip Festival in Holland and was nice enough to give me a sheet of plastic banner with the station logo on it though.

Anyway....I've decided to make a post anytime that I see a radio sticker on a vehicle (assuming I have the decal in my collection.) Local stations are exempt because otherwise this "actual sightings" series would just be a bunch of Dayton radio stickers.

Driving from Holland, Michigan towards Grand Rapids today I saw this sticker from JQ99 FM.

WJQK is a Contemporary Christian station licensed to Zeeland, Michigan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, you're going to post that really cool WMEE sticker from 1981? That nice foil and black one? Cool! (my first experience with a foil sticker and I swooned)! D

relished nonsense said...

i need my sticker fix, man...

Greg said...

Ooh, that WMEE sticker sounds nice. I have two window stickers and two regular from WMEE but none are foil and black.

Anonymous said...

I'll send a scan of it.