Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Radio Garden / KSID

I first heard about Radio Garden late last year from a column written by radio observer Sean Ross.  The website allows you to navigate the earth which is quickly covered with "sprouting" green dots representing radio stations.  Click on a dot and you're instantly listening to that station's live stream.  On my first try, Radio Garden must have known my location as it settled on a station in Sidney, Ohio about 40 minutes from where I live.  The problem being that 98.7 FM KSID is from Sidney, Nebraska about 1000 miles away from Sidney, Ohio.  Oh well....that glitch aside, when something comes along that combines two of my favorite things--radio and geography--I can't complain too much.  While typing this post I heard Lil Wayne & Wiz Khalifa on Top FM in the Azores, NEIKED on Sweden's Sveriges Radio P4 and Michael Bolton, who still gets airplay on Ceria FM in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.  I took a quick listen to KSID FM again tonight as well and heard the end of a boys high school basketball game (Leyton vs Sedgwick County--Go Warriors!)




1340 KSID plays Country music as "The Fort" while the other half, "Sky FM," seems to play a mix of Classic Hits/Classic Rock and Top-40.  Both are licensed to Sidney, Nebraska (nowhere near Sidney, Ohio.)

No comments: