Sunday, November 4, 2018

The JACK FM Depository

There are so many damn JACK FM stations.  I hate them.  The (usually) DJ-less "Adult Hits" stations began popping up in the early 2000s, first in Canada, then the United States, the United Kingdom and even Russia.  Most of them use the same stupid logo which seems to be a requirement if you use the trademarked branding.  It just seems like a lazy choice if you're looking to change your format, fire all your live jocks and basically become a jukebox on the radio.  Even their snotty "playing what we want" slogan annoys me along with their pride in NOT taking requests.  Screw you, Jack.

Having said that, I've decided to place all future JACK FM stickers in this single post since they're virtually the same design anyway.  I've posted plenty of JACK decals over the past 10 years which, if you're bored, can be seen here.  And here.  And here.  And here.  And here.  And here.  And here.  And here.

KJKK - Dallas, Texas


KPKR - Parker, Arizona

KLXS - Pierre, South Dakota



KJAC - Timnath/Fort Collins, Colorado

KRJK - Lamont/Bakersfield, California

KYJK - Missoula, Montana

 

 

2 comments:

KoHoSo said...

I could not agree more with your opinion of Jack FM. On the ones I have had the displeasure to hear (mostly KCBS-FM in Los Angeles and KJAC you posted above that tries to rimshot Denver), the attitude of the announcements is very demeaning to the listener. I can somewhat understand the appeal of a jockless station in this era where many DJ's are so boring at best and terrible at worst along with it being about the only station in any town that plays music in the morning instead of mindless yakking. Still, the Jack format is highly insulting in addition to being awfully repetitive (if I hear Tainted Love one more time...). The only reason I have it on one of my presets is most of the better stations in Los Angeles don't reach the Inland Empire where I drive back-and-forth to work. I think my record is making it through five songs and then I'm off to somewhere else or end up switching to my flash drive.

Unknown said...

I hate the name of this format and the snottiness that seems to accompany it.