Thursday, January 10, 2013

Radio Sticker of the Day Mailbag - CIHI

A package a stickers from Dan in British Columbia appeared in my mailbox yesterday.  It arrived in the familiar, repurposed manilla CKNW envelope of which this is apparently the last one.  So sad.  I hope that all future mailings will have a hand-drawn "NW 98" logo crossed out in the upper left hand corner because I don't handle change very well.  Thanks Dan!!

For many years I assumed that this tiny Radio Sweden sticker was the smallest in my collection. That was until Dan included this even tinier decal (about three-quarters of an inch across) helpfully enclosed in its own glassine envelope to avoid loss or accidentally throwing it away.  I wonder what promotional use a sticker this small was good for?
CIHI was an Adult Contemporary station in Fredericton, New Brunswick.  They started broadcasting on August 19, 1977.  1260 AM is currently a Country station CKHJ.

No comments: