Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Puerto Rico, Day 6 - KYTE

While walking from our hotel in Old San Juan to Morro Castle, we came upon Parque de las Palomas, a small park filled with hundreds of pigeons.

Seeing a bunch of dirty, overfed birds is probably nothing new to some city dwellers, but for me it was a unique experience.  We bought a bag of crushed corn and watched them go crazy every time we threw out a handful.  After I got back home I Googled diseases that can be transmitted by birds.  I haven't died yet from histoplasmosis or candidiasis but maybe I just got lucky.


Next we toured Castillo San Felipe del Morro.


The massive, open grounds leading up the 16th century citadel were an excellent place to fly a kite.



AM 970 in Portland, Oregon carried the call letters KYTE from 1977 to 1990.  During that time they were a Top-40 station then Country then Adult Standards.  The frequency is currently a conservative Talk station "Freedom 970" KUFO.

No comments: