Sunday, March 29, 2009

More States on Stickers

I like maps. Always have. My teenage bedroom wall wasn't filled with rock band posters or sports pennants but instead with maps from National Geographic magazine and a hammer & sickle flag from the Soviet Union. I guess I was a cartograpic nerd. Later I spent two years as a Geography major in college but bailed out when things got too academically challenging. I just couldn't muster any interest in the Origins and Concentration of Dairy Farms in Wisconsin or studies on the Social and Environmental Effects of Deforestation on Hispaniola. I was having too much fun at the college radio station so I switched my major to Mass Communications and finally graduated four years later. These stickers and others like them combine two of my favorite things: Radio and Maps.
BTW, for a great map blog, go here.
KVBR is a Talk/Business News station licensed to Brainerd, Minnesota.

KBON is a Cajun/Zydeco/Americana station licensed to Mamou, Louisiana.

No comments: