Tuesday, February 3, 2009

WENS

My wife does the crossword puzzle from the newspaper every day. Because of this, she is an unbeatable Scrabble player and knows a lot of useless, semi-obscure words like plinth (a block on which a statue is placed), rasher (a thin slice of bacon) and wen. A wen is defined as "a cyst of the skin filled with fatty matter that has been secreted by a sebaceous gland that has been blocked." The first time I wore my WENS t-shirt she let me know what a wen was and I'm grossed out to this day.



WSVL was a Country music station which was bought in 1979 by what would become Emmis Broadcasting. In 1981 the call letters were changed to WENS and they switched to an Adult Contemporary format. This lasted until 2005 when they flipped back to Country as Hank FM. WENS was licensed to Shelbyville, Indiana near Indianapolis.

1 comment:

Vaughn B. said...

JAM Jingle Singers: 97 WENS, Indianapolis!