Tuesday, June 23, 2009

National Rose Day

June is National Rose Month but I'm pretty sure National Rose Day doesn't really exist. I can only find two websites that mention June 23rd as NRD--one is a highly dubious Yahoo! Answers webpage and the other is a nutrition calendar. Who cares. For the purposes of this blog, I officially declare today National Rose Day across the land.

WRJM was licensed to Geneva, Alabama. They ran a Beautiful Music (I think) format as "The Rose" before switching to News/Talk around 2002. 93.7 FM is now "Kickin' Country" WUSD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really a nice looking sticker there.

Philip C Walker said...

WRJM was mainly A/C until the switch. It streamed until 2001. The owner was accused of playing copyrighted works without paying the license fee (I wonder if that prompted the switch). It was 100 kW at 260m HAAT until it moved to serve Montgomery AL (the southern portion at least) with 4.4 kW. It's now WPHH.