Thursday, April 7, 2011

National Beer Day

On this date in 1933, the Cullman-Harrison act was signed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt ending 13 years of alcohol prohibition in the United States. Every April 7th is National Beer Day (aka New Beer's Eve) so crack a cold one and hoist it to celebrate the best legislative signing in US history.


A postcard and sticker from SWR1 based in Baden-Baden, Germany (a country that would never be so stupid as to ban their beloved brew.) Südwestrundfunk ("Southwest Broadcasting") is a public broadcasting company including 6 radio networks. SWR1 plays Rock and Pop from the 1960s through 1990s as well as a few contemporary hits.

2 comments:

Dan Sys said...

I knew there was a reason why I've been swilling them back all day.

The Godfather of National Beer Day said...

Cheers!! My name is Justin Smith, and I am the founder of National Beer Day. When I started this holiday almost 3 years ago, I had no idea it would get so big so fast. It's good to see this important day in our history start to get the recognition it deserves. Thank you for helping spread the word about one of my favorite days of the year!