Friday, December 30, 2011

Radio Sticker of the Day Mailbag - CKAC

I always look forward to getting stickers in the repurposed CKNW envelope from Dan in British Columbia. Dan and I have probably been trading radio stickers for about 10 years...although lately I have been on the receiving end more than the giving. It only took a week and a half to arrive which means that customs must not have gotten involved this time. Among other goodies sent was this 1979 beauty from Montreal, Quebec's CKAC.

730 AM CKAC became the first French-language radio station in the world when it went on the air in 1922. Since 2007 they had been a Sports station but switched to a Traffic Information format known as "Radio Circulation" in September, 2011.

1 comment:

Dan Sys said...

Sadly the supply of those CKNW envelopes is almost depleted Greg. I figure by this summer I'm going to have to splurge at the dollar store and buy some real envelopes.