Saturday, July 9, 2016

WALH

My wife and I usually go to two or three county fairs every summer. Today it was a toss up between the Madison County Fair in London, Ohio or the Clinton County Fair in Wilmington. They're both about an hour away and we'd never been to either one (although aren't they all the same really--rides, animals, 4-H exhibits, more animals, maybe a demolition derby.) Off to Wilmington we went....

Just as we were getting ready to leave to go back home, I said to my wife that it was a bummer there were no radio stations at the fair.  She gave me that, "I still can't believe your stupid radio sticker collecting hobby" look and then literally five seconds later I came upon a booth for 106.7 WALH.  I grabbed three stickers and felt that the night was now complete.  We listened to the station on our way to find a restaurant and heard a mix of Classic Rock, Pop and Oldies along with some great sounding professional jingles.  WALH is a 100-watt, low-power FM station licensed to Wilmington, OH.  They went on the air in June, 2015.

1 comment:

WALH-FM Radio 106.7 Wilmington, OH said...

Greg, thank you for stopping by our tent at the fair and for sharing our WALH-FM sticker with the world.
Dennis Mattingly
VP of Human Resources