Monday, December 4, 2017

日本のラジオステッカー

A reader asked if I could post some more of the Japanese radio stickers that I received back in 2013.  Here ya go!

78.9 FM Radio Bari Bari broadcasts from Imabari, Ihime Prefecture, Japan.  The station name probably comes from the city where they are located but Google says that "bari bari" can also mean "when one is full of energy" and is also an onomatopoeic word for the sound of crunching or ripping.

Kiss FM broadcasts from Kobe, Japan and is simulcast on other frequencies throughout Hyogo Prefecture.

83.5 FM originates from Takarazuka, Hyogo Prefecture, Japan.  For some reason, this sticker depicts Princess Sapphire, the lead character from the manga series Princess Knight which first appeared in print in 1953.

FM Port 79.0 broadcasts from the Sea of Japan port town of Niigata.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much Greg! I really appreciate you posting these (and so quickly), keep up the great work!

Greg said...

You're welcome. You mentioned that Japanese stickers were hard to come by. Do you collect radio decals?

Anonymous said...

I have a small collection from when I was younger. I'm a graphic designer and I'm really fascinated by the design language used in radio stickers. Japanese radio stickers don't seem to be very well documented online (either that or I've never found a good resource for them) Thanks again Greg!