A daily look into one of the world's largest collections of radio station bumper stickers and memorabilia.
Sunday, October 26, 2025
KULA
KULA was on the air in Honolulu, Hawaii from 1976 to 1987. This postcard dates to when they carried a Soft Adult Contemporary format. They would later flip to Top-40 and switch call letters to KXPW as "Power 92"
1 comment:
MarkinMesa
said...
Thanks for posting this. I've been trying to find any information on KULA for a while now. It may have been a soft adult contemporary format in the 70s, however by 1982, when I was listening, it was playing Top40 hits. I have about an hour and a half of airplay from September 30th and it was all Top 40 tunes. Dick Wainwright(formerly of KSSK) was an announcer on the station, as well.
1 comment:
Thanks for posting this. I've been trying to find any information on KULA for a while now. It may have been a soft adult contemporary format in the 70s, however by 1982, when I was listening, it was playing Top40 hits. I have about an hour and a half of airplay from September 30th and it was all Top 40 tunes. Dick Wainwright(formerly of KSSK) was an announcer on the station, as well.
Post a Comment