Monday, December 6, 2010

The Collection

A few regular readers to this blog have asked that I post some pictures of the whole collection.... so here ya go.

I keep the majority of the stickers in plastic bins alphabetized by call letter. The top two bins on the left are all foreign decals alphabetized by country and then by station name. I keep them in envelopes because international stickers tend to be smaller and this keeps them organized better. The next bin down are unidentified stickers followed by Canadian stations. Subsequent bins begin the KAs thru KZs then WAs thru WZs and finally a few Mexican stickers that start with X. The white box on top has miniature domestic and Canadian stickers sorted by state and province. The boxes to the right of the stickers are filled with old radio t-shirts that I've outgrown but can't throw away.

Each drawer holds around 1,200 or 1,300 stickers.

Keychains.
Various station banners.

In the late 1990s I started sticking decals to sheets of poster board. This was an idiotic thing to do but I didn't realize it until I filled 28 boards. I've been trying to get the stickers that I "wasted" back again through trades and eBay but I know some of them will never be found again. In the meantime I use them as a sort of "radio sticker wallpaper."



I have a few boxes filled with various station promotional items....candy, post-it notes, lanyards, drink coolers, pens, pins, business cards, mousepads, coasters, frisbees, lip balm, balloons...all kinds of crap.


Both sides of the refrigerator are filled with radio magnets. Try to avert your eyes from the godawful floral wallpaper.

So there you have it...twenty-five years worth of radio promotional item collecting.

No comments: