Thursday, April 9, 2009

WLLZ

My Chevy Blazer recently made it to 100,000 miles which, I’m told by some, is when an internal switch is flipped and the engine will soon die. They were kidding of course but the sad fact is that my Blazer has had an array of problems for most of its life. The worst of which has been the front axle area which had to be repaired three times. Something about ball joints and Pitman arms and other terms that I have no idea what they are but get expensive real fast. It's a bad feeling when you hear a horrible thud and get out to see your wheel caved in toward the axle.  Good thing I wasn't going highway speed when it happened.  
I grew up in a Toyota family. Nothing but Coronas, Cressidas, a Prius and a 4-Runner. My dad got 400,000 miles on his 1982 Cressida station wagon. I’ll have to make a decision in the not-so-distant future if I’m gonna use my GM credit card discount and go for another Chevy or switch to another brand. I guess a second Mini Cooper would be totally impractical, especially when I need to haul some wood or bags of mulch.


WLLZ was a Detroit Rock station which lasted from 1980 to the mid 90s. They were a more hit-oriented competitor of heritage rocker WRIF and managed to beat them in the ratings from time to time. The grunge era brought a format change to Modern Rock but in 1995 they switched to Smooth Jazz as WVMV.

1 comment:

Vaughn B. said...

TM Male Jingle Singers: "RockRadio!"

Jon Bon Jovi: "98.7!"

TM Male Jingle Singers: "WLLZ!"