Sunday, April 29, 2018

WNYX aka WYNX?

This WNYX sticker is a bit of a mystery.  I have it listed as being from Smyrna, Georgia but everything leads me to believe that the call letters were actually WYNX.  Evidence includes this QSL card, the Wikipedia entry for the current station at 1550 in Smyrna and a mid-80s copy of the Broadcasting Yearbook.  Could this actually be a mis-printed bumper sticker?!  I mean, how many other 50,000-watt, Religious stations broadcasting at 1550 AM with suspiciously similar call letters can there be?  If you have any info and can sort this out for me, leave a comment.  I'd greatly appreciate it.

5 comments:

STEPHEN FLETCHER said...

MY NAME IS STEPHEN FLETCHER AND I WORK AT ADVENTURE OUTDOORS IN SMYRNA AND WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE THIS IF YOU WOULD CONSIDER SELLING IT.THANKS

GavinJLang said...

Sauk City, Wisconsin. I have photos of the place which is now abandoned.

GavinJLang said...

Sauk City, Wisconsin. Its long gone. I have current photos of the place. Not sure how to share a photo on here.

GavinJLang said...

Sauk City, Wisconsin

R. Wilson said...

I worked for WYNX in the 80s. That looks like a misprint. It's possible that I may have some of these same bumper stickers and will check upon returning from travel.

R.Wilson